January 14, 2011

Fail.

I felt so good today, I swooped into a furniture store, did a lil flirt to the sales guy, he knocked off $300, no sales tax, and free delivery ( wow ) all for my pretty sleeper chair and ottoman.  Such a steal.
Get home, brag to my husband, and he simply says, it's not gonna fit. Say wha?
In all the excitement I somehow forgot that I live in a 100 year old home with an itty bitty skinny stairwell.
THERE IS NO WAY IT CAN FIT UP THE STAIRS.
I am so friggin sad. Now I have to convince him to return it/refund it. Fail.

6 comments:

  1. Ugh I hate that for you. I know how it feels to fall in love with a piece of furniture, vision it in your home, and then...fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you just tie a rope to it and pull it over the edge??? I once lived on the 2nd story of an apartment and had to pull my sofa up from the patio in order to get it into the place since it couldn't fit up the apartment stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH, SUCH a disappointment!!! I've had that happen before, it just plain sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There has got to be a way!!
    Can you dismantle it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO way- You HAVE to get it up there!!! HeatherAnn's right- Rope it and get it up and over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it's awful! No dismanteling. No way to get it through any window. Just the sacrifice I have to make for loving my home! :( I cancelled the order.

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...