April 6, 2010

Current Projects

Today's project, although cold and windy, is planting rounded boxwoods in a row in this front flower bed area. It's blank now ( that azalea is gone ) and I got a killer craigslist deal on 11 boxwoods, so  a few will go in front, a few on the side of the house and some in back.



I also will be stocking up on Hydrangeas for the backyard, as well as  some flowering groundcover for a small spot in back.

Last night I put together a dresser, took 3.5 hours. Did I mention that I HATE putting together furniture? But I didnt screw up or have to start over at all, so I can only complain a little. Pics to come ( it's for my master, got rid of the dark espresso dressers )

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so seriously...hydrangeas are my favorite flower - we have two bushes, but I can't ever get more than ONE flower bunch on each bush!!!! What am I doing wrong? I have green everywhere but budding in only one spot! I'm assuming yours grow...what do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin, really?! Well, being in the valley, i've got super great soil. However, I cut them WAY WAY WAY back in the fall/winter. Like way back. Every year they get bigger and bigger after I do that. I also have tried coffee grounds, and fire ash, it changes them color and fertilizes them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've NEVER cut them back...maybe that's my problem! :) Thanks for the tips!!

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...