December 2, 2011

Christmas at my house.

I went pretty simple on the tree this year..I have birdies and houses throughout ( $1 at Joanns, I just painted/glittered them ) This is the cheapest 8ft noble we've ever got our hands on, paying $40 ( we always pay between $75-90, yikes, I know ) I bought a $3 can of snow spray and lightly flocked it. My only advice for this is to go HEAVIER than you think on it, because it DOES melt a bit and thin out.

I wish I did more. But oh well.


 The tree isnt totally complete, I think I'll still add red ribbon to it.
The stockings have Pottery Barn Initial wine charms on them, it was actually cheaper to buy them than to make them.





9 comments:

  1. Your house looks like something out of a magazine! So beautiful!

    Lindsey Turner
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you Lindsey. I can reassure you that 5 minutes later it didnt look this clean :) Actually, 5 minutes before that, it looked hideous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Did you get those three birds (2nd to last picture) at JoAnn's too? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is decorated beautifully. The tree is so gorgeous on its own that it doesn't need a lot of ornaments or glitz. When a tree is naturally that pretty, I believe less is more. As usual, you've done a stellar job. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks all. the birds were from a sample sale, not sold in stores yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really getting amazing with the camera. I love the mirror one with the colored-light tree reflecting in it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next time check out Ames Tree Farm in Olympia - $25 for Nobles, any size.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the garlands and the lights in the rafters. I also love how you used the one color for that elegant look.

    I also love the yet to be released birdies. Adorable!

    Cassandra / A Renaissance Woman

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...