February 7, 2010

My best scores

1. Pottery Barn Dream Rocker ( retails for $999 ) ...got mine for $60 on craigslist


2.  Ikea Hemnes Dresser, 2 nightstands that they dont sell anymore, for $100..( was worth $600 ).this couple was moving out of the country the next morning, and literally needed everything left to go. So I filled a single cab truck with that furniture, along with probably $200 worth of Crate and Barrel dining stuff ( glasses, gadgets,bamboo cutting boards etc ) on craigslist ...so $800 worth of stuff for $100.


3.  Pottery Barn Coffee table, retailed for $399...scored it for $24.99 online


4.  Pottery Barn Wayne shelving system (I use it above my workspace) retailed for over $400 I believe, got it for $30


5. I bought 3 Montego Pottery Barn stools for $50. ( they retail at $249 EACH ). I turned around, and sold them on craigslist for $350 for the set. $300 profit in a few days time, no sweat.


6. My dining room table/benches cost $399 at Fred Meyer about 3 years ago. I thought it was half off, so I thought I'd go for it. Little did I know that there was a crazy sale that day, not only was it on clearance, but the clearance was marked down too. It literally rang up for $42 FOR THE SET. Better yet, it's a Pottery Barn knockoff.

7. 8x10 jute rug from West Elm for $20 ( craigslist )

There's a bunch of smaller things that I got for steals as well, but those 7 scores were my big ones. So fun to save!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Those are awesome deals!
    You win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Love your blog and so excited to find it. Have a great rest of the day!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that rocker! I am hoping to have a need for one in the very near future! :) Will you be selling yours or keeping it?
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...