February 20, 2018

My $16 Secret // Ikea Hemnes Hack

Ebay has been a ride or die for me, for years. I started buying and selling on Ebay about 15 years ago, and became obsessed with the hunt. You can get anything on Ebay. I have no problem buying things straight from China. Cut out the middle idiot and get the price that big box stores cant give you. Now, having said that, there's risk involved. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Others, like this, it's worth the extra time you have to wait for it to arrive, and when it does, it's legit.
You'll quickly learn about me, that I have no shame in my shopping game. I am not the person that leaves you guessing where I got something, or what I paid, or worse, make you think I paid an arm and a leg for something. I will tell you exactly where to find something, what I paid, and to talk to Barbara and tell her Steph sent you. I think it's stupid to pay what everyone else does, so I do research and get around it! Yay!

I needed to update my sad frumpy Ikea Hemnes Dresser. This is one of those moments when I tell my husband my plan and he just stares at me. Like why? Why would you need to update that dresser. What's wrong with it? ( #men ) Because babe. Dont ask questions you dont want a dumb answer to.

She just wasnt doing it for me, but Lowes wanted $6 PER PULL. Ya right. 


Enter. Ebay. Again. No shame in my game, man. Here you be. 15 pack for $16.99. Ring a ding ding.
Because it's from China, the shipping did take 2 weeks, but, it was also faster than I expected.




Isnt she pretty now? It's jewelry for furniture. It's like she got her ears pierced for the first time.



Curious? Want to dip your toes into the world of ebay? Here's a direct link to the knobs HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...