February 20, 2018

Master Bath - Face Lift

We knew going in that we wouldnt be doing "fun" upgrades right away. Painting every single wall in the house was priority #1, and everything else would have to come later. Thankfully, the master bathroom was in decent condition. So how in the world do I take care of the builder grade, 90's esque vanity? I dont. I just go along with it. I would never paint this unless I was putting shaker doors on. I'm not about "upgrading" vanities that have dumb doors. And no, I wouldnt put hardware on it. Somehow, it works. And I dont cringe at it, and I do think it's thanks to the black wall.

Before:


After: I highly highly encourage you to ditch the huge mirror you have, especially if you have two sinks. It's too heavy guys! And dont go framing these suckers out. That was thing 10 years ago, I think they even have "clip on magnetic frames" for large builder grade mirrors. DONT. Just DONT.


So a fun surprise to my marriage, was when my dude announced he could "do things" like electrical work. It was super important to get that previous light to the dump and install two separate lights. I've always been obsessed with adjustable wall sconces, so when I saw these were $89 for TWO on Amazon, I bought them fast than you can say suck it rejuvenation hardware. ( I do love that store btw ...)







Husband did the grunt work, while I directed him from afar. ( I was still in Washington )
I will say, they are not very sturdy. However, since they are in a posed position and we do not move them ever, I figured it'd be ok. I was also worried that they'd "droop" over time, as the heads are sort of heavy, but so far, 8 months later, no droop. AND 8 months later we just NOW changed the lightbulbs.

The mirrors are a clearance home run, from HomeGoods. I paid less than $20 each.


I went for this color because, instead of fighting the warmth of the vanity, I wanted to get close to the vanity color. If you cant beat them, join them. They compliment eachother nicely.

Sources:

Black Paint - BM Wrought Iron
Mirrors - HomeGoods
Adjustable Sconces - Amazon
Stool - Target
Rug - Overstock
Plant - Maidenhair Fern - You wont keep her alive. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...