February 17, 2018

Its A "Dry" Heat

It's been a minute since I blogged. Almost 3 years to be exact. I took a trip down memory lane today, poking fun at myself and watching my evolution of style on this simple little blog of mine. I contemplated deleting most of my old posts, as most everything doesnt apply anymore, but to be real, it's where I came from and we all started somewhere.

I dont even know if people still really read blogs. Instagram and quick scrolling has taken over, and quite frankly, I have not read a blog in years. This may be a bit *cough cough* primitive, but this is my way of connecting my website, instagram, facebook and pinterest.

( the old house in WA )






The old title of the blog "YouPaidMoreThanMe" maybe gone, and SHEDOES has taken over, but, the title still applies. I will still be sure to update you on great finds and makeovers. I'll continue to be better at growing my instagram though, so be sure to follow, as my stories will include you window shopping with me, and other ramblings.  SHEDOES evolved from the fact that I do a bit of everything. It sort of encompassed what I was going for. I'm a super creative, what can I say. I get it straight from my mom. Hi mom.


I wont get into the personals of it all, but in a crazy turn of events, I wound up with my smokin hot best friend and childhood sweetheart and we moved to Las Vegas. *tires screeching in the background* I  know. I KNOW. I went from a 100+ year old home in Washington State, to 100+ degrees on move in day. We bought a  "cookie cutter" stucco home in the Nevada desert. ( Do you remember the theme song to the series Weeds? ...Little boxes, Little boxes, Little boxes made of ticky tacky little boxes on a hillside, little boxes all the same...) Yes. That is my current situation.

( Current Situation, which negates any talk about her neglected insides, for now )





But I tell you, It's posed a unique challenge for me. No, I dont have a large open floor plan. I dont have chickens in my backyard ( I miss them), I dont have a new beautiful kitchen or even good flooring. All in time. Maybe. ( Stay Tuned ) Instead, I have 4 tortoises, yes, the endangered species kind, a russian blue cat, a pool, palm trees, cacti, and after all these houses, I finally have a garage. A garage, people. So we take the good with the bad. I'm taking it as a challenge, this cookie cutter of a home. I'm grateful to have it. I have grown to love Las Vegas and the people in it. It's beautiful here. We are right up against the mountains, it's constantly windy here, which is the way to my heart.

So stick around. There's gonna be a bum rush of posts in the coming days as I have a lot of information I've been storing up. Dont forget to watch my  Instagram Stories @Shedoesevents 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...