November 10, 2011

Reader Poll

I go back and forth about getting the large Ikea Expedit. Sometimes I see it and think, man that looks cheap. Other times I like it. I realize it IS how you style it etc. I think it's the predictable laquered ikea look that bothers me...but the practicality that attracts me.

Some people really have their acts together and style them really well..check these out
Again, my worry is they are cheap looking. So here's your poll:


<a href="http://www.sodahead.com/fun/ikea-expedit/question-2275531/" title="Ikea Expedit">Ikea Expedit</a>

4 comments:

  1. Had one...they are cheap. It shook when people walked by it. It always looked like it was shifting to the side when small children RAN past it. Unless they've substantially upped the quality of these in the last 5 years, don't waste your money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do come with L-brackets to attach them to the wall so they don't shake. Certainly not high-style but for storage & organization they are pretty stellar. AND the price. We have the 4x4 (or 4x5?) with the desk attachment for the girls' desk/craft area, then 2 of the 2x4 (or 2x5) for toys with baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the largest one and love it. Totally practical and the L brackets that secure it to wall make it very stable. It IS how you style it and I know you'll do great! go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are one of the most useful pieces of furniture around, especially for the money.

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...