November 26, 2011

The dining cabinet

Hello! I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving! I have lots of Christmas posts coming up this week, but to start them off, thought I'd post my primitive cabinet. I'll be honest, it's still growing on me. I know I wont have it here forever, but it serves the purpose for now.
It actually came with doors on it, and the inside wasnt painted. But the doors make it too heavy looking and dark for the space so I opted to remove them for now. The other option I'm debating is painting it a distressed blue in the spring. But we'll see.

Here she is.




You can see the very bottom of the cabinet still needs to be painted, but I'm also looking at putting either baskets or antique boxes under there.
And yes, those are felt birdies on top. I decorate with birds for Christmas, Pics of my tree to come.

7 comments:

  1. It looks nice just as it is and blends well with your woodwork. Great looking storage solution. The birdcage is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! I love the black and white stripes incorporated in the decoration.

    How do you like your blue Chrysanthemum rug? I've been thinking about getting one for my dining room...

    Jen
    www.1creativemomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both! I really like my rug. It did shed quite a bit at first and i have to vacuum it often, but i'm so glad i got it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you have styled this cabinet and also the photos of the other cabinets you have used for inspiration. I thought you might like this cabinet for further thought - here is the link:
    http://townandcountrystyle.com.au/tcs_product_details.php?product_id=123
    It's called the Audrey cabinet and you can buy it in Australia, but probably other countries too, from a store called Town & country style. Thanks for the constant inspiration! Hunter & Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! I love how it is organized but also stylish at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! The lights in the birdcage are great, and I love the black and white dishes/glasses. Where did you find that pitcher? It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read through the entire article of yours and it was quite good. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.. Granite Worktops

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...