April 4, 2011

The lil neglected room

Let me tell you a brief true story.

Once upon a time I found out I pregnant, then I lost the baby. Then I found out I was pregnant again, and lost that baby. All the while I was prepping a nursery in the most neglected, smallest room, in the house. After my losses, I walked away from the room, mid paint, mid spackle, with supplies everywhere. This room has been a sore spot! The nursery was going to be ( and maybe someday will be ) peacock theme. I love love the colors. So last month I decided to face that lil room, after putting it off for months and months. 

The facts:

This room is very bright during the day, and is the only room with these type of wood walls. God willing it WILL be a nursery again someday, but in the meantime it's a guest room. No bed yet. But the dresser will be a changing table and the mirror will stay. 

Dresser Paint: Peacock blue from lowes $12
Trim Paint: $16 Decorators White ( i swear this is the only room where I will paint trim )
Dresser: $40
Dresser Rings: $8 from Ebay
Wall Paint: Dolphin Fin $16
Mirror: Pier One Clearance $130

It's not much, but it's a start.
Before:

After ( ignore the hole in the wall, havent put the plastic plate on it yet )






I'm not going to spend any more money on this room except a twin bed, I have linens for it already. I also have a light fixture in the works that I just have to complete. For the decor I'll shop inside my own home.


I rarely post anything related to my personal life on here, let alone infertility...but I figured out of the hundreds of followers I have, there's bound to be someone else struggling with IF. If you need an ear, or encouragement or someone to vent to, I'm your gal. ( email me )

10 comments:

  1. That mirror is PERFECT! It reads peacock with out slapping you in the face. J'adore the room.

    I'm sorry about your IF. I was told at 16 that I would never carry a child. At first I was like "rock and roll!" but now that I'm older, it is a little harder to accept I can't start a family.

    Thoughts and prayers you'll carry again.

    LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you LizzieBeth..Sorry for your issues too :(

    Congrats on your move though, how exciting! The house is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your IF. We struggled with that too, although not with miscarriages. I can't even imagine that pain. Good luck to you!

    The room is beautiful, especially those wood panels. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dresser is gorgeous. What a perfect color for that piece.

    I'm sorry about your struggles. We have had some trouble too. It's a very hard thing to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that turned out fabulous! I love everything.

    Still hoping and praying for you in the baby department!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, hugs. IF sucks.

    Second, I love how the pulls mirror the mirror. Everything's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will be an adorable room, no matter who is sleeping there :)

    Thanks for sharing your story; I hope the road gets easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about your infertility. It's such an unfair struggle.

    Do you, by chance, have the paint number for Peacock blue? I love it, but can't find it on Lowe's website.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful room. I love the walls.

    PS. After miscarriages and five failed IVFs, we have accepted that our only children will have four paws. Thank you for sharing your struggles. We need to surface these issues from the shadows in order to continue to drive medical advances, promote insurance coverage, and raise awareness.

    Thanks, and I hope your journey ends at a good place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came here from Our Growing Garden, and I am in love with your blog! I love your taste!

    Also, I have been thru two miscarriages in the last year. It's the hardest thing I've ever been thru, but I know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...