February 28, 2014

Baby Clothes Memory Quilt #2

Three years ago, I had my first quilt made by Barbara Malm ( on Etsy )...the whole story about it can be found here. I had been through hell again, with infertility, praying for a second child. I was holding on to clothes in hopes I'd maybe someday reuse them again. I came to grips and found peace after a LONG time, that I would have one child, and I was thankful. So I shipped the clothes off to Barb. The quilt is one of my most prized possessions, as I'm incredibly nostalgic. It brought me great joy.

Little did I know, that just a couple of months later, I'd get pregnant with my second girl. Unreal. But God's timing is as always, impeccable. My girls are almost exactly 5 years apart and I wouldnt have it any other way.

Lennon Grey is now almost 15 months and I just received her wonderful quilt in the mail. I turn into a giant puddle the minute I open the box.











I chose memorable pieces that I have on camera or just remember due to a milestone. I also put in there burp cloths and her original polka dot crib sheet. I absolutely love it, Barb. Prepare for more traffic coming your way now. ( again )


3 comments:

  1. your 1st quilt post was the reason i became obsessed with saving my boys' {age 3 and 16 months} clothes for this same reason. i can't WAIT to send them of to Barb for my quilt :) Your first quilt post had me in tears and i think i was still pregnant with my first when i read it. i knew right then this was what i was going to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks..Also visit my page Children Clothes Welcome to The Closeout Club Inc., your #1 wholesale distributor

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...