October 10, 2012

The Nursery

My budget nursery is nearly complete. I say nearly, because I still have a ceiling light fixture to pick out, and the blackout shades to order, but that'll be done soon. This room is very very small, however it made it more fun to decorate.
As I posted before, here was the color palette I chose to do:

And here it is today, in many pictures, since I cant get the room in one shot!





This moulding piece was at a scrap yard for $10, I added the knobs that I had on hand.



Crib Bolsters are coming, I chose not to do a skirt or a bumper this time around, just clean and simple.

Frame to be filled with either a picture of Lennon or lyrics to a Polish Lullaby my family sings




Here are the details:

Vintage Silk Drapes via Ebay: 60
Jenny Lind Crib via Craigslist: 25
Canvas and Paint by me: 24
Rod via Ross: 9
Ikea Ribba Frame in Gray: 19
Dwell Sheets via Sample Sale: 5
Nordstrom Chunky Knit Blanket: $35
Ledge/Moulding Shelf via scrap yard: $10
Fabric for changing pad cover via Joanns: 5

I already owned:
Dresser
Chair
Lamp
Mirrored Table
Basket



I'm sure I'll add more in the weeks to come, including the bolsters, ceiling light, blackout shades etc.

8 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful! I love the colors you used!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful! Hard to believe you spent so little!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You NEED a show...then You NEED TO VISIT EAST! SO TALENTED! Lennon as Bryn very lucky little giRLs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my goodness. thank you for the sweet words kind strangers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful!! i love the soft, sweet look-love the shelf so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lennon's room is beautiful -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...