October 5, 2012

New Bed Has Arrived!

FINALLY. My Skyline Velvet Bed came today. It took awhile to get here, but it was worth the wait. I ordered this from Amazon, even though there was only ONE review for this particular bed, I thought I'd go for it.

Here's a few daylight pics so you can really see the light gray color. ( I did no color adjusting )

I appreciate the REAL nailheads, as opposed to plastic rows that some beds have as a shortcut.

Here's an evening shot. Forgive my lack of variety in the angles, my master is so small!

I still have work to do in this room. I have to get a nightstand ( sold the others ) and a few other things...including a new down comforter. The necklaces hanging on the wall wont be there it's just a temporary solution. I'll keep updating as I obtain the things I'm searching for :) It takes time.

So my review for: Skyline Velvet Grey Upholstered Queen Bed

-It arrived in 2 boxes, and took my husband less than a couple hours to put up. The frame itself is very sturdy, heavy duty metal.
- There is a slight gap ( 1.5inches?) from the top of my mattress to the bottom of the headboard. This may bother some people but the pillows completely cover the gap. ( as opposed to the headboard going completely to the floor.
- The velvet is legit. It's very very smooth and soft.
- Like I mentioned above, I'm thrilled that the nailheads are individual and not on a strip of plastic. It just makes it look that much more expensive. On OTHER Skyline beds though, depending on the fabric, they DO use the strips. So it's just up to you and your style or preference if you want that or not.

6 comments:

  1. Looks great!!! can you give a source for the quilt at the end of the bed and the rug? Thanks in advance! love your blog, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH and the rug was from Marshalls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I love the color it will be such a soothing space!
    Happy Weekend!
    KArolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it looks great! Love the light gray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came across this pic on pinterest. Would you mind telling me how deep your mattress and box spring are together. I'm wondering how much of a gap I would potentially have with a low profile box spring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...