November 18, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and hope you enjoy it with the ones you love! We had a pre-Thanksgiving with friends ( friendsgiving) and so I thought I'd share my favorite turkey recipe.

I have been using this bringing recipe for a couple of years, and it IS the key to a moist flavorful turkey ( other than putting it in a roasting bag)
*PREHEAT YOUR OVEN TO 400 DEGREES, ONCE THE TURKEY IS IN, TURN IT DOWN TO 350 for 3 hours*



  • Brine
  • 1 gallon of water - depending on size of turkey
  • 1 cup salt
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 lemons, sliced
  • 4 sprigs rosemary

  • Make sure the sugar/salt is dissolved before you  add it to the water ( You can boil it, but get it back to room temp or colder before adding to your turkey) Brine it in a garbage bag or bucket. Whatever works.I let it brine in the fridge for 12-16 hours

  • After you brine it, rinse it off well, then rub it in a butter/garlic/salt mixture, get it under the skin as well. I then toss in lemon slices, rosemary sprigs and onion. Tie the bag closed, put in a roasting pan or just in a casserole dish.
  • *PREHEAT YOUR OVEN TO 400 DEGREES, ONCE THE TURKEY IS IN, TURN IT DOWN TO 350 for 3 hours* After those 3 hours at 350, baste with the juices, make sure the turkey is atleast 170 degrees. I usually cook it on a lower temp for another 30 minutes or so. It falls off the bone, it's so good.

  • My favorite Leftovers: Turkey Lumpia, Turkey Casserole, Turkey veg soup and turkey monte cristos.





  • Next post will be Christmas decorations! You better believe I'm gettin them done this week, before I go into labor!
    Count your blessings, count them one by one!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

    This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...