October 7, 2011

Woodsy Baby Shower

When I told my friend Steph ( Mason Jar Photography )that I wanted to do a wood themed baby boy shower for our friend Michelle, I know she probably thought, wha?! But she had faith ( thanks S ) and headed to the woods to find "pretty" logs and stumps.






I did "s'mores on a stick" ( simply marshmallows dipped in melted chocolate, then dipped in crushed graham crackers ) and my lovely husband drilled holes in the log for them. The other holder is just styrofoam covered in burlap.
For the mini caramel apples, I just took a melon baller to apples, patted them dry, dipped them in caramel ( the tubs you find next to the apples in the store ) and dipped them in crushed peanuts. I chose to put them in the baking cups because they DO melt over time.
Moss is from Michaels and Dollar Tree. And yes, half of it is real :)
The favors were done by my friend Steph, she nailed it. S'mores to go.

10 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I feel so blessed to have you girls do this for me. So overly happy :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! So classic looking, and the smores on a stick are awesome. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ridiculously cute! Be my friend? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!!! What a lucky gal to have that shower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shoot! Where were you when I was having kids? Wait, oh yeah...high school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely adorable! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What font did you use for the 'snore tags on the little bags? It is perfect! Thanks. Your ideas are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a warm setup! Some cute woodsy animals invites would go nicely with it. I love those listed at cupcakemakeover.com

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...