July 17, 2011

Things around the house..

I love my house. My living room can be so cozy because it's pretty small. There is no overhead lighting so I'm dependant on lamps, but it's ok by me. I'm pretty proud of the deals I've got over the years. This is an example of one corner of my house, that is worth a lot more than I paid...

Coffee Table: Pottery Barn Clearance $129
Antique Boxes: Free
Lanterns $16 pair
Pillows ( 2 bought, 2 handmade ) $45ish
Pier One Lamp $39 Clearance
Crate and Barrel Nesting Tables $149 clearance
Coral on ebay $15
Bamboo Shades Overstock $40ish
Sofa ( PB knockoff from a local design store ) $599


On another note, I'm out of room in my dining room buffet, so I'm researching what style I want to go with next. This is an OLD pic..it's now crammed with entertaining pieces and china. And I'm tired of the ol' Pottery Barn wine shelves. It's the biggest wall in the downstairs (no windows), so it can handle a bigger piece sideboard. The search is on.

7 comments:

  1. I thought your living room was a photo from a magazine; its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your current buffet looks like it would work perfectly in my dining room - where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and so inviting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks friends! It's from Target's World Bazaar line circa 2007

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a buffet that looks a lot like the one you have but double the size (length). We got it a few years back at ZGallerie...might be a good place to check?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still love the PB wine shelves. I finally got my own last year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just love your whole house! i love your living room and currently in search for some roman bamboo shades, but i always have time with the color. what color shades are they, rustique?

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...