July 5, 2010

Last summer vs This summer

Our lawn took a beating last summer. We had record heat, with several days at 106 degrees ( which is unheard of for here ) Last year we had our pool up the last week of May, and by late June our lawn was fried ( yes we had watered it, it just wasnt enough )
This year, we are in the 60's, lots of clouds and drizzle. My thermostat is at 70 right now, we are in hoodies, and the pool wont be going up this year. It's supposed to get in the 80's this week, thank goodness. However, it's bittersweet, because I do love having my green lawn.

5 comments:

  1. h how I would love that here in central OH we are baking and sweating I would definitely switch w you

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I bought the plane tickets, would you switch with me and come down to Florida? PLEEEASSEE? It's so darn hot here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, in a heartbeat. You can stay at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll switch with you too... heat index of 105 today in Philadelphia!

    LB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our lawn is already pretty much dead. Its over 100 here today. But I refuse to really water the lawn since its a waste of water.

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...