October 8, 2014

Nate Berkus Fabric put to use! DIY Pillow with Zipper

I like to switch up my pillows yearly, and knew that it was time when I laid eyes on Nate Berkus' fabric line. However, this time I wanted to do a zipper closure for the first time, since I wanted to be able to wash these guys.

I was intimidated. My mom is a sewing wizard, so I had her teach me this method the other week, and it's much more painless than it seamed! (see what I did there..)

The Fabric was on sale for 60% off at the time, and I just got one yard.


I have a slight obsession with fabric, but a straight up addiction to navy patterns.

Anyways. I'm happy with how they turned out, very simple and quick project for a rainy afternoon!




There are a couple different ways to install a zipper ( either sewing one side of the zipper at a time like I did, or sewing one side of the fabric together leaving a seem for you to lay the entire zipper down and sew ) 


THIS tutorial is closest to what I did ( picture above shows I sewed one side of the zipper at a time )
and THIS youtube video is very helpful too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...