August 8, 2013

The Chalkboard Paint Rant.

Unless you live under a rock, you must have noticed by now that chalkboards are hot. HOT. They have been for the last couple of years. Cool. I like it. I have one. Found on the side of the road.
Go me.

But then Chalkboard paint gained popularity and things got all sorts of crazy.
CRAZY. 

I'll surely get stoned for this post. 

I cant tell you how many times I hear people talking about turning something into a friggin chalkboard. 

Once upon a time I remember people spraypainting furniture black to "fix" it. Nowadays, the solution for most, seems to be chalkboard paint. Oh ya, you should TOTALLY chalkboard the ish out of that.

OH yes! Lets paint our children's dresser with chalkboard paint, and nicely write on each drawer so it's all organized. As if it'll look like that in 2 days. It'll be a nice smeared mess all over your kids clothes and the dresser. 


Oh you sure did seize the day when you decided to cover that poor jar with chalkboard paint.


Laura is so lucky, SHE gets a personalized wine glass dipped in chalkboard paint.


This one drives me nuts. Thanks to pinterest, someone thought it was a great idea to paint paper with it, for cupcake toppers? Guess what. The kids dont give a crap. These people have A LOT of time on their hands.


 This one kind of horrified me.


We've seen pumpkins glittered upon, thanks to Martha, but this, THIS crossed the line for me.



Put down. The Chalkboard. Paint. 
Give it a rest for a bit.

Cheers.


12 comments:

  1. Haha yes!! Almost as played out as gray and white chevron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on your team, lets go tell the world! And while we're out there can we get them to take down last years Christmas lights too?!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY! Someone said it :) I ban all chalkboard paint from my house indefinitely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should say, again, that I have no prob with chalkboard walls. It's when it leaves the wall that makes me shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. finally! Someone who thinks the same as I do about the craze over chalkboard paint. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you do a post on washi tape next please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU!!! I thought something was wrong with me because I don't have any chalkboard paint in my house. I can't stand the feeling of chalk. ew. Thanks for this much needed post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! so true. I admit to having a chalkboard canvas that I love to change with the seasons and my moods...but I am totally with you on chalkboard dressers...and pumpkins?!? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agree 100%! I really dislike chalk (it's so messy!), and the chalkboard craze makes me cringe every time I turn and see something written in powdery white that inevitably gets all over everything (and everyone!) that gets near it. Ugh!

    Spiffy site, too, btw...I really enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...