May 21, 2013

New Blog Features and a Target product fail. What?!

You will notice above that I now have simple tabs for you to navigate around. I'm still working on getting more updated photos of some of my spaces, so I'll get it into gear this week.

I've so enjoyed all of my new clients, it's been so fun working with such a variety of people and spaces.

I added my design services WITH prices ( gasp ) on here, so there's no mystery. I'm working with "real" people and "real" bank accounts and you deserve to know everything up front. I want it to be easy for you and take the guesswork out of it.

Ok enough of that.

I posted a year ago about a soap pump from Target I bought. I loved it. But I had a feeling it was a ticking time bomb, because of how the pump part felt. Kinda cheapy.

Welp. Here I am, a year later, and this is it today. It doesnt pump anymore, and no matter how many times I wash it, it's grimy and rusted. Hmmph.
Dont look at my grout. It needs a bleach job. Anyways, I dont know if I should applaud it for lasting a year or...

11 comments:

  1. I have that same soap pump (I got mine about a year ago as well) and mine is all rusted out and crusty too! So disappointing! :( Let us know if you find a cute replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought my husband and I matching soap pumps for our MBath and he hated that soap pump for months and months and begged me to get new ones. We both had those same issues. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same soap pumps too! Ours are nasty also, but i thought it was because my husband is a mechanic and I thought he got some kind of brake fluid or something on them!
    Apparently not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same problem I had. I think it worked for a good 9 months and then nothing. Such a shame. Now I just buy J.R. Watkins pump soaps. They have an antique feel but they are modern plastic dispensers that work every time! Plus they smell soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had that same problem with that pump! Within a few months, the nozzle was all rusted out and nasty. I had bought the one with a pink tint to it and within a few weeks of use the pink coating came off. That should have been my warning sign.
    The poor quality of the item put me off of buying from Target for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. uhgg! well, i'm glad i'm not the only one but sorry we share the problem! I'll keep lookin! If I have to spend $12 a year for a cute pump, so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have the same pump (4 of them) and have experienced the same issue! It's like the plastic is breaking down and clogging the nozzle.

    I am so picky when it comes to soap dispensers and I love the way this one looks so I am resigned to just replacing them with another one that will inevitably break when they stop working.

    I am so glad I am not the only one experiencing this issue!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For your grout there is an amazing cleaner from Dollar Tree. It's called LA Awesome, seriously, it's a buck and works amazing! Your grout will look brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! We just bought a soap pump that looks similar (the pump part is identical) from Target! Keeping our fingers crossed we don't experience the same thing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this pump too and it is still ging strong and looks good

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine is about 7 months in and so far, so good...i think they still carry it if you want to replace...and then return the old one ;)

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...