February 18, 2011

Time to stock up on fabric..

There is a buzz in the air about the fact that we'll be getting sticker shock on gas, basic food products, and fabric ( specifically cotton ) Even while I was at Joanns today, I heard 2 different people say something about it, and sure enough it was on the news today. Joanns is having their presidents day sale this weekend, foams are 50% off ( that's amazing...) special order fabrics are 50% off ( think Kauffman, Robert Allen, Dwell ) as well as 50% off all red tag fabrics ( like $2 a yard...)

here's my lil stock pile


I'm finishing up with my wingback ( i'll have a reveal and announcement in the coming weeks )
And decided I'll likely do this Dwell/Robert Allen Fabric for this settee below( Cameo Ovals )

I also picked up these 3 shadow box picture frames ( 11X14 and about an inch deep) for $5 each!!...likely to showcase fabric or seashells or...

and this really cool wood screen/room divider is about $75 on sale ( down from 199 ) would make a cute headboard, or just paint it for a cool backdrop somewhere in a room.

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see your wingback reveal, that fabric is perfect for it!!

    The Smith Circle

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the dwell/robert allen fabric!
    I used the same on my upholstered headboard last summer... http://littlemacshack.blogspot.com/2010/06/diy-sweet-dreams.html

    It would be great on the settee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the wingback SETTEE wont be done for a few more weeks, but I cant wait either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like that white and black fabric! ........any idea what you are going to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the tip...hopefully heading to Joanns tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...