July 7, 2009

DIY Oil Rubbed Bronze

I've had the basic ugly cream ( old ) light switchplates in my kitchen, and I finally had it. So instead of paying $6+ each for new oil rubbed bronze ones, I decided to pay $9 in spraypaint and redo all 9 plates. They turned out pretty decent I think.
I primed it with Plastic Primer, Let it dry, Then sprayed them with dark espresso brown, Let it dry, Then lastly sprayed with Rustoleum's Antique Brass Spraypaint. You MUST wait til each layer is dry before applying the next.

BEFORE
AFTER

1 comment:

  1. I spray painted a plastic cabinet front today without waiting for the undercoat to fully dry and it turned out very odd. Do you wait 24hours in between applying the next kind of paint?

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...