June 9, 2009

Summer Night Project: Jar Illuminaries




I have always loved containers. Boxes are favorite, but now Old Mason Jars are my new obsession. Oh the possibilities. So since the theme lately around here is "recession chic" ...and I needed some new summer outdoor decor. I posted a want ad on craigslist for jars ( for free ) and I wound up with 20 very very old Ball Mason Jars. I was thrilled. I had a bag of neglected tealights from Ikea, and put 2 and 2 together.
I have a 100 year old home with a big workshop in back that needed some attention. So I simply hung the Jars by wires and threw a candle in em'...I'll be putting an inch of sand in the bottom soon. It cost $6. Clearance wire cutters, needle nose pliers, wire and 20 jars.



Stay tuned. These jars will likely move to underneath my huge pergola in the back. I have lots of leftover jars so I will be finding uses for them as well!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I like. I my have to use those for our cookout on July 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!

    I'm doing the exact same thing for an outdoor area of our home which we're currently redoing. It's great to see what they look like all completed! So pretty! You're entire home is lovely...just my style and such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Ikea Ribba Frame Hack // Custom Mats

This one was one of those projects where I'm asking myself, why didnt I do this sooner?? Was I intimidated? Did I assume it'd be co...